About Me

Hi im Glamour Queen I love makeup, BIG hair, shoes (I have over 150 pairs) fashion and trying out new beauty products! Call me old fashioned but I believe girls should be girls and boys should be boys! I am obsessed with the 1950's I love everything about that era, especially the clothes, hair and makeup!!! I think every girl should have a little Glamour in her life!

Tuesday 22 September 2009

1950s Fashion - Dresses


Dresses: The Beautiful Celia Cruz

The 1950s is most defo my fave fashion era, the Groomed and tailored look were the hottest items around . Acting and looking “lady like” was taught virtually from birth. Heels and gloves were basically required to complete the "lady like' outfit. There were different kinds of dresses; one was a summery afternoon floral, it has a swing skirt attached to a top. Girdle was a necessary part of all ensembles even though you didn't see it. A girdle was almost necessity with the pencil style. They wore these kinds of dresses to show their curvy bodies. They called this the 'figure eight'. Young teens or girls did not wear these types of dresses, because it was too provocative. The dress also boasts bolero sleeves, which were very popular, I have attached a pic of the beautiful Celia Cruz I think she looks absolouly stunning, I would kill for this dress!



3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right! Celia was as stylish as could be, she needs more appreciation!! I would die for that dress too!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich and famous women during these times were known worldwide as women of top identity in fashion coupled with their enticing grace and charming personalities. If you make them as your icon for wearing a fashionable dress that they used to wear during their time, you are on the right track of choosing the best vintage dresses of all times. You can portray a feminine touch with your dress made of satin materials, sophisticated beads, and marvelous embroidery. Two of the most popular women in the 1950s that are icons of beauty and fashion are Jacqueline Kennedy and Grace Kelly. You can copy their sophisticated styles in the wedding dresses that they have worn during the most memorable event in their lives. The kind of dress that you wear during your wedding day reflects what kind of a woman you are. Get more information at womens day dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like the fashion and shoes in shoes
    I like long boots

    ReplyDelete